Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Last Straw

I've been at my current job since April of 2006. Take some time to reflect on all the wonderful things that have happened in the wide world of sports since that month...

Steelers coach Bill Cowher finished his 15th and final season as Pittsburgh's head coach -- a truly remarkable feat in this day and age.

Willie Parker rushed for OVER 200 YARDS twice this season. He was overshadowed only one of those times by a running back that rushed for under 50 yards and committed a costly turnover but scored his first-ever rushing touchdown. (Yet another reason I'm fed up with New Orleans).

Yay, New Orleans!!!! The Saints had the kind of season that the downtrodden white upper middle class football fans of New Orleans needed to boost their morale. They have earned the right to lose their first ever divisional playoff game at home in just a few days.

St. Louis won the World Series after barely finishing with a .500 record in the NL Central (Honestly, I had to think really hard to remember who won this year's World Series. I really, kinda forgot...)

Tiger Woods is back on top of the PGA.

Shaq seems to have gotten the final F-U to Kobe by winning a championship with the younger, sexier and more flexible D-Wade.

I'm sure other stuff has happened, too. A lot of stuff. The point is, through these past eight months, I've been able to keep up to date on all of these happenings on espn.com. On January 12, 2007, on the day Cowher officially resigned as the Steelers head coach, the Allegheny County IT nazis finally decided to block user access to ESPN.

Way to go. Coincidentally, I turned in my two-weeks notice on January 12, 2007.

You mess with the bull, Allegheny County, you get the horns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home